Monday, July 13, 2009

Not a bad choice to make, I guess

For reasons too complex to go into here, I wound up having a conversation about strip clubs with a friend/advisee tonight. I've never been to a strip club. I asked him if there's one out there that I might actually enjoy. (I'm not certain I'd enjoy it. I'd feel bad for the dancer.)

"Oh yeah." He gave the name of the place. "It's just a dive bar, low key. You'd be able to sit at the bar and watch the Mariner game. The girls are at a pole in the corner. They aren't overly made up, there's no MC or DJ, and they get to pick their own music."

"Hmmm. I wonder if, given the choice between breasts and the Mariners, which I would look at."

"At this place? You'd watch the Mariners, but you'd be aware of the girl."

Not sure what that meant, but I knew who to ask.

My wife is aware of my love of baseball and my love of breasts. Which would win?

"Honey, if I were at a strip club and there were a Mariner game on, do you think I'd watch the stripper or watch the Mariners?"

She thought, deeply, for longer than I thought she would. And then, my dear, wonderful wife asked this question:

"This year's Mariners, or last year's?"

No comments: