Sunday, January 11, 2009

The scale

This past week...

--I officiated 8 games (two each on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights),
--I am submitting to all of my wife's Diet Nazi (her term) demands, since my food allergies, sensitivities, and reactions to a high-fat diet could cause me to be, um, indisposed for a few hours. Since we want to be extra sure I'm able to be in the room for Hedgehog's birth, I am only eating Swankette-approved foods.

It occurred to me that the result is that I've probably taken in a heck of a lot fewer calories than I'm expending on the court.

So this morning, I weighed myself. (This is something I seldom do.)

I'm down to 178. With shoes and a sweatshirt.

My usual weight is around 190. I aim for 185; if I let myself get to 200, there's trouble. The worst I've ever been was 215 at the end of my reffing hiatus in the summer of 2004.

This is, I'm pretty sure, the lowest weight I've been since sometime in the early-to-mid 1990s. It's eye-poppingly small. Wow.

Cool. Yay for eating right and exercising.

No comments: