Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shoe toss

I'm sure that this guy doesn't represent all Iraqis. And I'm also sure that past presidents have been mercilessly heckled in foreign lands, and that Obama will be too.

But it seems to me that this attack with a shoe--the shoe chosen to show the maximum disrespect to Bush--is the perfect punctuation mark on the end of the Iraq situation before Obama starts bringing us home.

How's that "we will be greeted as liberators" assumption going, Mr. President?

I've said it before (a couple of times) and I'll keep saying it: if the criterion is a comparison of where our country is at the start of a Presidency versus where it is at the end, Bush is easily--by quite a distance--the worst president in U.S. history.

Don't let the door hit you, Mr. President.

No comments: