Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wow.

What I'll always remember from tonight is the way that crowds spontaneously--and joyously--assembled in places like Harlem and the White House. I can't recall tears of joy so liberally shed by random citizens over elections of Bush or Clinton (or anyone else).

This has to change us. This has to unite us. Obama really can make this a nation that maximizes its potential.

I've never trusted a politician before. Ever. And I've been happy on election night before, but never felt joy like now.

I believe he can go beyond my party and into the best in all of us. It's time.

2 comments:

tommyspoon said...

Spending 2 hours in the middle of the sea of joy that was U Street between 14th to 9th Streets has to be one of the highlights of my life.

Seriously. Everybody was blissed out!

brooklyn said...

The 11pm explosion of joy in my usually sedate street in Brooklyn and the election party in the apt above me (that made me think my ceiling was going to collapse) is an experience I will never forget.

I expected the joy, but the spontaneousness of it was unexpected is now indelible for me.