Friday, November 28, 2008

Traveling with a pregnant wife

We stop more often. It makes the jaunt up the I-5 corridor seem like a happier adventure somehow. You know, in a stop-and-smell-the-roses-and-admire-my-wife's-belly kind of way.

I was a little worried my relatives might be tempted to touch Swankette's belly (a no-no). But my family was as cool as ever and laid off--with one exception. My 6-year-old niece put her head against Swankette's belly just as we left, as a way to say goodbye to the baby. Man, I love that kid. She's pretty excited...she's the youngest of all 10 of her cousins. It'll be good not to be the baby anymore.

1 comment:

Chris Snethen said...

I've never understood the desire to touch a pregnant woman's belly. Every time I've been invited to, I've declined. It's never even occurred to me to do it uninvited. How rude. Yet every pregnant woman I've known has always complained about that particular invasion of privacy.