Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Once more into the breach...

Speech and Debate and AP Composition...small (20 and 18). The ability to give that kind of individual attention in tough classes with driven learners=Shangri-La.

Junior Lit...one section about average (28), and two that are large (32, and 33). I don't think there will be any management issues, since there are a few kids in each that I had last year as sophomores. Even a few kids who know the teacher doesn't suffer fools makes a big difference overall. But that doesn't mean that teaching in there will be easy.

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away.

I must be amped up for today. I woke up at 3:45 and couldn't get back to sleep.

When this school year ends, I'll be a daddy. Wow.

2 comments:

tommyspoon said...

"The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away."

OK, every time I hear or read that phrase the following question pops into my mind:

"But does the Lord offereth Layaway?"

Thanks for giving me the giggles for the rest of the day!

Grover said...

Steve reminded me for the 100th time to check out your blog. And it's awesome. Now I know what I'll be doing all day today instead of writing ads for $100,000 sports cars.