Monday, September 01, 2008

How hot was the Palin thing this weekend?

Well, here's one measure.

Typically, my blog gets 30-50 hits in a day. Traffic spikes to nearly 70 if I write about Iceland team handball or if Sue Bird or Diana Taurasi are on TV and people start wondering if they're married, single, or gay.

My previous record for number of hits in a day was 251, both of them times when Jack Bog (who has, you know, readers and stuff) linked to me.

Sunday, on the strength of the Palin post, I broke the record...got to 257. Mostly from Google, but a significant number from Snethen.

Broke the record on a freakin' Sunday.

Monday--Labor Day...I have totally shattered the record. 327 hits with nearly an hour to go.

Obliterated my record on a freakin' holiday.

Apparently, people really wanted to check this sucker out. Never underestimate the drive of a conspiracy theorist with an internet connection.

1 comment:

Chris Snethen said...

Never underestimate the drive of a conspiracy theorist with an internet connection.

I resemble that remark!

I went through the roof myself. 1600 on Sunday. SUNDAY! Another 1500 today. I usually cruise right around 200-300. We'll see how well I do when I switch to all Man City, all the time...