Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Karaoke from hell again

Went and did the Monday night version of KFH at Dante's Bar last night. It's a different vibe from the Thursday night version at Tiger Bar...lots more people, bigger stage, better lighting, loads of dancing. Only two people got to get up twice, compared to almost everyone getting in three songs at Dante's. My only song last night was a well-received version of "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" (It's weird. I'm 16 years gone from college, but I still feel a small twinge of this-isn't-right when I sing a Kokosingers song from my college days...like I've abandoned my Chaser roots by heading over to the rival group. I felt the same way when I bought my first blue blazer.) Wife did a fun version of "I Don't Like Mondays." We stuck around until the very end, not just waiting to see if I'd get up for my second song, but because there were very, very few stinkers. And that band is so good that it's worth it just to hear them play all night.

Of course, I'm enough of an attention slut that I prefer Tiger Bar (more stage time for me). But it was still a helluva fun night.

1 comment:

Chris Snethen said...

I did tell you my buddy Raul plays guitar for the band at Tiger Bar, didn't I?