Saturday, May 17, 2008

Time to start preparing

My vocal problems have pretty well disappeared this year. Yay me.

Anyhow, friends have recently suggested I try Karaoke from Hell. It's essentially being a lead singer for a killer cover band. There are about two dozen songs on their eclectic list that I think I could kick butt on. I think I'll probably go there and check it out first, though. I may be too nerdy to fit in. Or, more likely, I'll go there saying I'll check it out, but my attention-slut ways will bring me up to the stage pretty quickly.

No idea which of the songs I want to go with at this point. Any suggestions?

Man, though, the prospect of this makes me miss Howard Bulson and Sorry Charlie's all the more--and a year after his passing. Hope you're resting in peace, Howard, and that you're not turning over in your grave as I switch from sedate, sweet piano bar to Rock Star.

6 comments:

swankette said...

For some reason as soon as I saw "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" I couldn't go any farther. A bit out of your usual element, but I think it would RAWK!!!!!!!!

TeacherRefPoet said...

Sweetie--

I know exactly five words of that song--the title. And I'm not sure I could do it without laughing. But if it's important for you, I'll try it.

Joe said...

That is a heck of a list.

What level of bribe will it take for a video of you singing "Fight for your Right?"

Seriously, though, with your voice I might think about the Bowie. I bet you could tear up Ziggy Stardust.

TeacherRefPoet said...

Joe--

Buy me the camera, and I'll do "Fight for Your Right." But only then.

swankette said...

Joe -

I like the Ziggy idea. And I wouldn't have to tell TRP to stop "nerding it up." I may have to work the lobby on that one. :)

pankleb said...

Just pick your night -- Mon. at Dante's, or Thurs. at Tiger Bar.

I'll show up.