Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Heart Ichiro

This team is going through the worst stretch in the 13 seasons I've been following them. Worse than 1998. Worse than 2004, which I thought was the most soul-crushingly depressing season ever.

We've been losing every day. Not just losing: getting the shit kicked out of us. Getting smothered in a "why bother watching" kind of way.

Leave it to Ichiro to make it better. Best quote ever, as related by USS Mariner:
Playing on this team and seeing what is happening around me, I feel that something is beginning to fall apart. But, if I was not in this situation, and I was objectively watching what just happened this week, I would probably be drinking a lot of beers and booing.
When asked what kind of beer, Ichiro added:
Usually I enjoy Japanese beer, but given the situation, if I was objectively watching the game, I wouldn’t care if it was Japanese beer, American beer or beer from Papua New Guinea.
I feel for the guy. I hope he gets a legitimate supporting cast someday soon.

But it won't be this year.

No comments: