Friday, March 28, 2008

I've been watching too much NCAA

You know that Enterprise Rent-a-car spot where they celebrate the student athlete, and they morph from a shot of the women's soccer player celebrating a goal with her arms in the air to a shot of the same woman, now in a class, raising her hand in the back of a giant lecture hall? Not just raising her hand, either, but raising it like Reese Witherspoon in Election, desperately calling for attention by raising her hand in a way that nobody does after fifth grade? You can practically hear her grunting: "Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!" And in the background of the shot, about a half a time zone away, the professor, writing something on the board, has his back to the too-eager student-athlete, who still continues to raise her hand with enthusiasm normally associated with potential Let's Make a Deal contestants trying to attract Monty Hall?

I hate that commercial.

1 comment:

BlueWorkhorse said...

I completely agree. I make fun of that commercial every time it comes on (much to the chagrin of everyone else in the room who has already seen me do the same overdramatic half standing out of my seat imitation many times).