Sunday, January 13, 2008

An almost-New Year's Resolution

That Nesbitt's Peach Soda I had the other day has led me to a plan for health.

I want soda to be special, like it used to be. When I was a kid, we had bottles of 7-Up in a basement fridge that we would go to on occasional weekends. That made soda into an event. I think that sugary-syrupy-water should be that. I'd like them more.

Also, there's absolutely no reason why I need to drink one every day. I usually have one for lunch, and on those occasions when I go out to eat. That's probably about 1 and a quarter per day.

I'd like to see if I can do better for a while. Not cut them out entirely, but make them special again.

Therefore, from now until Spring Break (which begins when school ends on March 28), I will only drink soda that I go to Moxie's to get. I will do so after ballgames occasionally, and maybe on the weekends. But all of my soda through Spring Break will be exotic soda.

This means my sugar intake will go down significantly. It also gives me occasion to drink more interesting sodas...to sample some cool sodas all along Moxie's giant fridge. Perhaps I'll even blog about them.

Why am I telling you this? So that you can hold me accountable.

(Maybe it's time for me to take up beer.)

1 comment:

Joe said...

If you have the right beer store, beer can always be a special occasion.

Years ago, Alison switched over to drinking mostly seltzer water instead of Coke, and never looked back. Probably bad for the salt intake, but very good for the calories.