Thursday, December 27, 2007

Off to see Will Smith.

My big sister got me a night out at Cinetopia for Christmas, so Swankette and I will use it tonight to get some awesome food delivered to my recliner while I see I Am Legend.

I'm intrigued by the premise of the last guy left on earth, and I like Will Smith, but I bet I don't like this one quite as much as I liked This Quiet Earth, a top-100 movie for me. A guy in New Zealand wakes up to discover he's the only human being left. It's about how he handles the situation as he looks for fellow humans and tries to figure out what happens. The silence of that movie absolutely terrified me. I bet it terrifies me more than the creepy zombie-like plague people in I Am Legend. I also like the mystery of the disapperance of everyone, which will be missing in today's flick. Still, the idea of "I'm the only guy left, but I'll try to find fellow humans" intrigues me.

And it gives me occasion to tell y'all to see This Quiet Earth if you haven't already.

No comments: