Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A sudden misadventure

Just as we solved a relatively minor paint misadventure...well...

I went to pack an old, never-used-anymore printer, which is located atop a fairly tall desk. In the process of trying to get the plug out from behind the desk...well...I knocked the printer to the ground. No big whoop--it was going to the trash anyway.

But then I noticed a problem.

I had severed the thermostat from the wall, and detached part of the metal plate.

I poked and prodded and got it back into place. I then tested to see if the heat would come on.

The heat came on.

It won't turn off.

Just what we needed in July, and at 11:00 PM the day before we list...

It's not a huge deal, since we'll just have the realtor call in an emergency handyman to fix it all up. But it'll be a few hundred bucks.

And I'm still amazed that a printer plugged managed to so mangle a thermostat.

2 comments:

GrigorPDX said...

Egads! You should have called me! I installed hundreds of thermostats working my way through college. I could have talked you through fixing it.

TeacherRefPoet said...

Damn! About an hour too late!