Monday, July 02, 2007

Please, drive carefully...

The #1 spot in Washington where drivers go 90 miles an hour or above?

This story tells me it's this stretch of I-90 I've been on fairly often.

Not going 90 mind you. The fastest I've ever driven a car is 85...on a deserted road somewhere in Indiana. I was 18 and on my way to look at colleges to transfer into. My sister's red Mazda. The Beatles' "Oh! Darling" on the tape deck. I looked down and went "Yeesh. Good songs make me go fast." It wasn't that bad...my rather strait-laced sister (Love ya, Deb) wouldn't have tolerated any foolishness in her car, and she didn't say a word.

So I can't even imagine why anyone would ever willingly go 90...especially in a spot that's hardly deserted.

I'd better get out of here. Of course, on my way, I'll have to drive through the #2 spot (I-5 in Fife) and the #3 spot (I-5 in Woodland).

Perhaps I'll take the train.

No comments: