Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Today is the eighth anniversary of me getting my first teaching job. I remember my principal woke me up and said "Good news, buddy, it worked out. I'm prepared to offer you the job." I accepted. It was my first choice.

I celebrated that anniversary today by taking my second teaching job.

My new principal called me at 8:30 AM...and this time, I actually was awake. He offered me a job. Much to my surprise, it includes AP English (unclear as yet whether it's Composition or Lit). I accepted. It was my first choice.

It's a one-year gig, but I'm not worried about that...I plan on showing up and being so good that they can't possibly get rid of me. No school of any size ever goes a year without losing at least one Humanities teacher, so things feel good here.

From now on, July 2nd shall be celebrated as TRP Gets A Job Day.

6 comments:

MCMC said...

Mazel Tov. They're lucky to have you. Now you can enjoy a summer of packing and moving!

pax
MCMC

tommyspoon said...

Sure beats Canada Day (Observed)!

Congrats!

GrigorPDX said...

Wahoo! Congratulations TRP!

Looking forward to seeing more of you both in the near future. :-)

Shannin said...

Great news on the job front!! I bet you are celebrating tonight!

JJ said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

pankleb said...

The week before the All-Star game will never be the same.