Monday, April 09, 2007

Google twins...


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
24
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?



I enjoyed doing the above name-game. It's not perfect...about 10% of people will type in a first name that isn't in the database, and 10% will type in a last name they don't have. Also, it's got other issues...for instance, it claims that there's an Efrain Kowalski out there, and that there are 65 people in the US named "Jose O'Leary." I highly doubt there's even one. (But if there is, he's going to find this on Google someday. Hi, Jose...leave me a comment!)

As for my name, there's me, there's an excellent film producer (albeit not an American one) with loads of web pages devoted to his work and interviews, a relatively well-known bassist (well-known enough that my wife had heard of his band), and at least one high school principal. Don't worry...I'm still the #1 me on the internet.

But what would happen if I tried to contact them all, in a Dave Gorman-esque kind of way? What would we talk about? I mean, it'd be easier for me than for Gorman or for, say, a Jim Anderson, but would we get along on the basis of our shared German surname and not-uncommon Christian first name?

It'd be fun to talk to a few of them.

Like Seattle Times reporter Marc Ramirez did.

(thanks to Jim Anderson...the one I know, out of 15,606 of them in the US, that is...for the link)

2 comments:

GrigorPDX said...

Heh. Any guesses what it says about my name? ;-) (heads off to try)

Shannin said...

There are 0 with my name. Not too surprising, especially the way I spell it....