Saturday, April 28, 2007

Flipperdoodle birthday

When I turned 29, my students taught me that it was an especially important birthday...my golden birthday (turning 29 on the 29th). It made the whole celebration more special. A day later, I wound up seeing one of the best M's games I've ever seen. Golden birthday!

Well, I couldn't help but notice that today is my flipperdoodle birthday. I was born on 4/29/70. Today is 4/29/07. That only happens once, and I'm stoked about it.

Some people don't ever get a flipperdoodle birthday. My brother, born in 1966, would have to live to be 100 to get one. I get one TODAY>

Wife will take me to the Mariner game. As a present, Jeff Weaver will NOT be pitching.

There's still time for a present, everyone. Fannie May Trinidads. I mean it.

Anyway, happy my birthday to you.

4 comments:

tommyspoon said...

!!yadhtriB yppaH

Alison said...

Happy birthday!!

Are there any other of these? Both my golden birthday (7/1/70) and my flipperdoodle birthday (7/1/96) are well in my past and I'd never even realized their significance...

TeacherRefPoet said...

--noopS

!!uoy knahT

Alison--

Can't think of any. Maybe you can party extra hard on Joe's flipperdoodle B-day. And Calvin's 18th (golden) b-day will be extra-special. Plus, you can set a personal goal of making it to Calvin's flipperdoodle. (There's a reason to get to the gym if there ever was one.)

GrigorPDX said...

Ooh! Happy birthday, TRP!

Being another in this crowd born in 1970 means I should plan something appropriate this October, eh?