Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Felix has arrived.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. I TiVoed tonight's ballgame because I wanted to see the Felix/Dice-K matchup. And Felix simply dominated. So far this year: 17 innings, 4 walks, 4 hits, 18 strikeouts. NO RUNS.

Unbelievable. And he's on my fantasy team to boot (although I support my reality team, the M's, much more enthusiastically than I do my fantasy team, Psychic Baseball Says).

I will now TiVo every stinking one of Felix's starts for the rest of the year.

What follows is not an actual projection. It is an educated wish.

Let's suppose Felix stays healthy and stays a stud for 36 starts this year.

Let's suppose the M's go 25-11 in those starts. (Given what we've seen in his first two starts, that might actually be conservative.)

Now, let's suppose the M's manage to play .500 ball for the other 4 pitchers. I am NOT convinced this is likely, but hey, roll with me.

If that happens, the M's win 88 games...and that could be good for a wild card.

I have this strange, bizarre, unfamiliar feeling in me.

It's called optimism.

1 comment:

GrigorPDX said...

Yay Felix! (I got him too) :-)