Sunday, December 31, 2006

Odds 'n' ends

For Christmas, my wife got me the soudtrack from Cirque du Soleil's Love. It's an interesting remix of Beatles stuff...the drumbeat from song X with the guitar lick from Y and lyrics from Z. Fun to go along with. I especially liked "Nus Gnik," or "Sun King" played backwards. Next time I'm in Vegas, I'd like to see it.

The very same day, I finally saw Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I've been meaning to see this for years because I've heard it was so laughably bad, and it did not disappoint. It stars the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton as Billy Shears and the boys, trying to save the world from Mean Mr. Mustard. It features George Burns singing "Fixing a Hole." It features evil characters singing beautiful love songs "Because" and "When I'm 64." After the first reel, there aren't any lines of dialogue -except- the words to Beatles songs. It's like something I would have tried to do when I was 10, only mine would have made sense. It has absolutely no idea what the hell it's doing. Absolutely hilarious stuff. I can't believe that so many good people felt it was an idea to be in this.
See it soon.

Last night was Little Miss Sunshine. See this movie. It's hilarious and quite heartwarming (and you know how I feel about my heart being warmed). Maybe the best movie I've seen in '06...it's between that and An Inconvenient Truth.

I can't believe the Broncos lost a critical game at home to an inferior team. Somewhere in Denver right now, they're talking with downcast eyes about the way that this never would have happened at the old Mile High...that it's all Invesco Field's fault.

It appears that my wife and I now both must root for the NY Jets in the playoffs. We both drew the Jets after taking this wacky test.

For the second time in three years, it's lobster on New Year's Eve, bay-bee!

Hope you had fun. Happy and peaceful '07 to everyone.

No comments: