Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sick day

Well, my teacher immunity isn't foolproof.

I've got this little flu-like thing that's been going around. It's not terrible...I went to school with it yesterday. But I wanted to go home by halfway through the day. The sore throat becomes body-aches with too much effort.

Today is open house. 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Since parents don't know to go home afterwards...this ain't conferences, guys, set up an appointment for individual TLC...I'm often at school from 6:30 AM to 9:30 PM on this day. I'm afraid that, if I tried that, I'd get myself much, much sicker.

So, while I'll go to Open House tonight (since I enjoy remaining employed), I slept in and am trying to kill off this thing with naps, juice, blogging, and blog-surfing.

Highlights:

--BloggingRef is into it with an intelligent (and, dare I say, attractive) reader about the Oklahoma/Oregon game.

--Jim is obsessed with me. He's mentioned me twice recently.

--My wife is suddenly prolific. (Posting-wise, of course.)

--A buddy of Batgirl's does a funny sendup of Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried about the Minnesota Twins. In the comments, I try my hand.

--Geez. The last three (and, one could argue, four) highlights involve me directly. How self-obsessed am I?

Now, to drink more grape juice...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The O'Brien thing is all right--but I had a junior do pretty much the same thing two years ago. Difference was, he didn't have a blog.

Get well soon, Ref.