Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm counting on you to be responsible.

I will be out for 2 weeks. Computer contact is possible in that time, I suppose, but not assured. I will go to many ballgames, many tri-points, see Joe, Alison, and my grandmother. The latter freaks me out a little...she has lost all memory of just about everything. I'll be saying goodbye, albeit only to her body, I guess. But I still need to see. I'll be listening to sports talk radio, which I enjoy. I'll be hanging with my beautiful wife for the first 9 days of it. I'm stoked.

I've been packed for several days, and since we're leaving on the red-eye, today is a weird day. Psychologically I'm all "hey! I'm going on vacation today!" But I have to kill 22 hours of it before even going to the airport. It's a weird day. I've cleaned up in the kitchen a bit, and I've done the last of my packing (toiletries), and I'm so, so ready...

and there are still 10 hours to kill.

So I'll go to the movies. Then I'll go to dinner with my wife. Then I'll go on vacation.

Y'all behave yourselves while I'm gone. See all those links over there? Read those blogs. I like them.

Spoon, you're the man of the house while I'm gone.

2 comments:

swankette said...

Spoon can only be the man of the house the first nine days. After that Samson, the cat, shall be man of the house.

tommyspoon said...

Ok, so what should I do with your mail?

And what about the recycling?

And who should I call in case your water heater explodes?

I need a checklist...