Monday, April 18, 2005

ESPN...this is very important...

So you're taking over Monday Night Football, huh?

It's time to lose Joe Theismann. It'd time to deep-six Mike Patrick, at least from the NFL. And it's time to GET RID OF PAUL EFFING MAGUIRE. NOW!!!

I watch Monday Night Football every week. I survived Howard Cosell as a child. I put up with O.J. Simpson. I got past Frank Gifford's "Who's playing again?" years. I endured Dennis Miller. But if you dare sully Monday Nights with Paul Effing Maguire, I will be forced to do something. Boycott sponsors, get all my sports news from Fox, SOMETHING. But please, please lose Paul Maguire. I have yet to encounter anyone who thinks he does a good job. Surely you don't think he's worth keeping. Surely you have trace elements of sense. Surely you can lose him. Now. I'll help in any way possible. But do it. NOW.

4 comments:

Swankette said...

Sweetie not only survived Howard Cosell, he dressed up as him one year for Halloween.

The things you learn when you have dinner with the in-laws and Sweetie isn't there.

Shannin said...

You did hear their brilliant team to replace the Mike/Joe/Paul trainwreck.

Wait for it....

Chris Berman, Steve Young, and Jim Rome

I'm not kidding....

TeacherRefPoet said...

I don't like Jim Rome much, but that is a DEFINITE step up. I'm a Berman fan, and Steve Young is tolerable...interchangeable with almost any other ex-star. Is it perfect? No. But I'd welcome any change, because any change would be better than this crap.

Shannin said...

I don't mind Steve Young, but Berman's act is so old. How many nicknames can I possibly hear for the 100th time? And if he breaks into "Hotel California" the TV is getting tossed out the window.