Tuesday, February 08, 2005

This I simply must share.

Student Blooper of the Year has just been attained. We can shut down the competition and go home. The student is (in the context of a bigger question) discussion shortcomings in modern genetic engineering/cloning technologies. S/he gets off to a good start, but then...well...then we get this. And several minutes of my laughter.

"As of the year 2004 scientists have been having trouble just fertilizing an egg inside a woman and when the egg is successfully fertilized there is a major increase in the possibility of mental retardation and other defects."

I know some scientists, and I've always suspected they've had trouble "fertilizing an egg inside a woman." Poor things.

I haven't laughed this hard while grading since I learned that Huck and Jim "share a true friends shit."

No comments: