Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The sky is not falling.

All my friends and colleagues who spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about how promiscuous today's youth are--I think you can chill out at least a little bit. All recent studies show that the #s of sexually active HS students has gone down in recent years, but all of my doomsday-scenario friends will shake their heads and say "Well, that doesn't count ORAL sex. These kids are having oral sex just like it's a kiss." I've always thought that was completely bogus and based on Chicken Little anecdotal evidence.

According to tonight's survey, the number of students from ages 13 to 16 who have done this is 12%. Maybe a little higher than it was in my HS days...maybe...but I'd hardly call it epidemic or like kissing.

I'm glad someone finally asked.

Now, if we could just clean up the dancing...

No comments: