Tuesday, January 18, 2005

In case you're scoring at home

I reached my goal weight of 195 today. This is down from as high as a Michelin-manesque 214 this past summer. I'm swimming in my ref shirt and blue jeans only fit me the first day out of the wash. Yay me.

Maybe I can hit my pipe-dream weight of 185. There's still another month of basketball to do it.

But under no circumstances will I return to my college weight of 150 or my HS sophomore weight of 135. (You should see the pictures. 6'2" and 135. That is not a misprint.)

5 comments:

Joe said...

Is there a reader of this blog who doesn't know why the title of this post is my favorite straight line in broadcast history?

I'll just count coup, somebody tell the punchline.

(And congrats, TRP. Way to go!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TeacherRefPoet said...

Is it "Or even if you're by yourself"?

Shannin said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Can't imagine 135 on a 6'2" frame....talk about a stick.

FYI -- caught the tail end of a local story on Fox about a parent-coach going after a teenage BB ref. He had bruises/scratches around his neck from the parent-coach strangling him in front of his kid. Geeze...

Joe said...

You got it, TRP.